- CrossFit Level One Certified
- CrossFit Level 2 Coaches Prep Certified
- CrossFit Endurance Certified
- Bachelor of Kinesiology
- Westside Barbell Certified Crossfit Powerlifting Trainer
- NCCP Olympic Weightlifting Club Coach
- BC Weightlifting Certified Club Coach
- Standard First Aid/CPR/AED Level C
- Occupational First Aid level II
- 2016 Western Canadian Weightlifting Championships – 2nd Place (63kg)
- 2016 Icebreaker Challenge – 2nd Place (Individual)
- 2015 BC Provincial Weightlifting Championships – 1st Place (63kg)
- 2015 Senior Canadian Weightlifting Championships – 16th Place (63kg)
- 2015 Western Canadian Weightlifting Championships – 3rd Place (63kg)
- 2014 BC Provincial Weightlifting Championships – 3rd Place (63kg)
- 2014 Canada West Regionals – 19th Place (Individual)
- 2014 Canadian Western Championships – 3rd Place (63kg)
- 2013 BC Provincial Championships – 2nd Place (63kg)
- 2012 BC Provincial Championships – 2nd Place (63kg)
- Writing & blogging at www.gohardgetstrong.com
I grew up in a pretty outdoorsy family, and have always loved being active. I got my first taste of being competitive in sports during middle school, and have been hooked ever since. Over the years I’ve competed in Gymnastics, Ultimate Frisbee, Running, Cheerleading and now CrossFit and Olympic Weightlifting. I have a bachelors degree in Kinesiology, and since graduating in 2012 I have been working in the health and fitness industry as a personal trainer, coach and contract writer. Sports have played a huge role in my life, and have shaped the person I am today. I hope that through my work as a Personal Trainer/Coach I can have as positive an impact on the lives of others as my coaches have had on me.
More about Taryn
Growing up Taryn spent a lot of time kayaking, hiking and camping with her family but never considered herself to be a ‘natural athlete’. She did a couple of sports for fun, but was never serious enough about any of them to be play competitively.
Over the years however Taryn’s view of sports and herself as an athlete changed and although still doesn’t consider herself a ‘natural athlete’she firmly believes that when it comes down to it (almost) anything is possible.
“There are no limits other than the ones we impose on ourselves, and what we can achieve depends on how much it means to us and what we’re willing to sacrifice for it. ”
When Taryn was 14 she qualified to compete at the Canadian National Championships for Ultimate Frisbee and since that she can’t remember not having at least one sport she was “mildly” obsessed with.
Taryn has competed at 2 World Championships & 5 National Championships for Ultimate Frisbee, 3 National Level Cheerleading Competitions and is currently competitive Crossfitter and Olympic Weightlifter.
Taryn first started Crossfit in summer of 2011 but it wasn’t until the following year that she really got ‘hooked’ and started training to compete. In the summer of 2012 she also picked up Olympic weightlifting and 6months laterwas competing at a Provincial level (she is currently ranked 12th in BC).
Taryn is a certified Crossfit Level 1 Coach, Crossfit Powerlifting trainer and NCCP Olympic Weightlifting Club Coach and when she isn’t training or coaching she can usually be found thinking, reading or writing about Crossfit (www.gohardgetstrong.com)